Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Comodo will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi simkoo

We will check this error and update on this.

Thank you.

Comment

• thanks @Isaj will get it a try.

Comment

• Hello all,

I am working on writing a script that would identify the public IP (WAN IP) of the device, log it, and compare the current IP to the previous IP, Alerting me if the WAN IP address has changed at all.

It would seem that some of the modules I am attempting to import into the script are unable to be imported. I did find that python2 seemed to be in use, and have tested the script on my local system (not through comodo one) and it works fine.

The modules I was having trouble importing are:

> requests
        or
        > urllib2

Using these modules, it is fairly simple for me to write a script to get the external IP address of the device. It would be nice if I could get them to cooperate within comodo. Any help would be appreciated.

My ultimate goal, is to have the script check the IP daily, log it to a file, compare the current day's WAN IP to the previous days WAN IP and alert me if it has changed. IF the WAN IP has changed, I would like it to also send me the GPS coordinates of the device so that I can verify if it has been moved to another physical location (asset tracking).

This is somewhat available but only for local LAN IP addresses, not WAN.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Comment

• Hello dangerousdev

We are glad to help you with this. It's possible, we will come back to you once the script for your request is completed.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by simkoo View Post
            I know this isn't directly related but i am having problems running the script: uninstall sophos.
            I got this as an error:
            Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 3, in <module> File "C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Comodo ITSM\lib\subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__ Hierrread, errwrite) File "C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Comodo ITSM\lib\subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child startupinfo) WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
            It did start but never finnished, does anyone know why this could be happening? I would love to finally get rid of sophos once and for all! Thanks
            Hi simkoo

We have modified the script, hope it will work well.

please refer the attached .json file 20180704-sophos_home_uninstall.json

Note: It takes some time to uninstall completely. Please be patient.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by dangerousdev View Post
              Hello all,

I am working on writing a script that would identify the public IP (WAN IP) of the device, log it, and compare the current IP to the previous IP, Alerting me if the WAN IP address has changed at all.

It would seem that some of the modules I am attempting to import into the script are unable to be imported. I did find that python2 seemed to be in use, and have tested the script on my local system (not through comodo one) and it works fine.

The modules I was having trouble importing are:

> requests
              or
              > urllib2

Using these modules, it is fairly simple for me to write a script to get the external IP address of the device. It would be nice if I could get them to cooperate within comodo. Any help would be appreciated.

My ultimate goal, is to have the script check the IP daily, log it to a file, compare the current day's WAN IP to the previous days WAN IP and alert me if it has changed. IF the WAN IP has changed, I would like it to also send me the GPS coordinates of the device so that I can verify if it has been moved to another physical location (asset tracking).

This is somewhat available but only for local LAN IP addresses, not WAN.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
              Hi dangerousdev

Please use this below script, this will help you to monitor the external IP of your device and generate an alert when changes.

https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...-of-the-device

You can refer this wiki guide to implement the procedure as monitoring.

https://wiki.comodo.com/frontend/web...ure-monitoring

Comment

• dangerousdev
                dangerousdev commented
                Editing a comment
                I have tried using this, the script runs however the status in the execution log says that the script fails. It will however return data if the IP has changed, or if it has stayed the same.

• Hi dangerousdev

You have run the script as a normal script instead of running as custom monitoring so that your getting failed output. Please run the script as a monitoring as step by step stated below in the link to get the expected result.

https://wiki.comodo.com/frontend/web...ure-monitoring

You will get an ON alert when the IP has changed.

Comment

• dangerousdev
                dangerousdev commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, I was testing running it as a procedure/normal script to verify that it is working correctly.

I have added it as the link says.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

• Sowmya, i would love to try the file out but when i open the link to the file it says: File not found

Comment

• Hi simkoo
                I was able to download the 1.6KB JSON file from Sowmya's post.

Attached files in the forum can only be downloaded if a user is properly logged in to the forums. We suggest optimizing your regular browser and/or log out/log in back to the forums. You may also want to try a different browser to view the forums.
                Rick C
                C1 - Technical Support
                COMODO | Creating Trust Online

Comment

• Sorry for the inconvenience simkoo , Please refer the below-attached file now 20180712-Sophos_home_uninstall.json .

Comment

• Looking for a script that will uninstall the default 32 bit version of Microsoft Office 2016. As it is the click to run exe there is no GUID to uninstall from.
                    Last edited by bdietrich@rdc.com; Yesterday, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X