Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Requests - Comodo will write the scripts for you :) for FREE.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
    Jimmy,
    Thank you for your answer.
    I can use that to see if the registry key exists, which it always does, what I want to do is see if there are any values added to that key other than the default one.
    This key is where you can add an exclusion for a file type, file, or folder for the Anti virus software and i want to monitor anyone adding additional values to this key.

Comment

• Hi MichealG@Saltech
      Please do check the following script that displays the value of a particular field in the indicated Registry key.
      Rick C
      C1 - Technical Support
      COMODO | Creating Trust Online

Comment

• Originally posted by PC4urPC View Post
        I would like to see if it is possible to create a script which utilizes Rebrandly to redirect and download a file directly from the internet or from a google shared drive. I've been able to test and download both types of files to a specific folder, however, I can't get it to download the file as an .exe and initiate the install.

Rebrandly is a useful and free tool which I utilize to quickly create links with utilizing my own company brand, hence why it's called Rebrandly. For example, I have my host support software which can be downloaded from "get.teamviewer/<MyCompanyHostInstall>".

Rather than trying to remember that long link, as well as a plethora of others, I utilize Rebrandly for this. Now all I have to tell the end user to type is "link.<MyCompany>/<SoftwareName>", ex. "link.<MyCompany>/Remote", which then redirects to the "get.teamviewer/<MyCompanyHostInstall>" download.

Why I use this you might ask? Well, should I need to update/change the download location, I just change the redirected link and the end user link,"link.<MyCompany>/Remote", remains intact, something you can't do with those other short url creators. Also, if I ever need to update the download software, I just overwrite the current file in my google share and everything else remains the same, simple and straightforward.

I'll be able to provide a test download link for both an internet and google drive download once contacted, thanks.
        Hi PC4urPC

We'll process your request and let you know once it has been completed.

Thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by MichealG@Saltech View Post

Jimmy,
          I can use that to see if the registry key exists, which it always does, what I want to do is see if there are any values added to that key other than the default one.
          This key is where you can add an exclusion for a file type, file, or folder for the Anti virus software and i want to monitor anyone adding additional values to this key.
          We'll analyze your request and create a script as custom monitoring.

Get back to you soon once the script has been completed.

Thank you.
          Last edited by Sowmya; 03-13-2018, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I would like a procedure that combines two procedures i already see available.
            First it would check to see if an endpoint needs to be rebooted and then if it does it would set up a scheduled procedure at a specified time to reboot the endpoint.
            I'd like to be able to specify within the procedure itself the scheduled time and date for the reboot.
            We'll process your request and get back to you with better results as soon as possible.

Thank you

Comment

Jimmy,
              This key is where you can add an exclusion for a file type, file, or folder for the Antivirus software and i want to monitor anyone adding additional values to this key.
              Script completed as per your request. Refer the below link
              https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...ne-in-registry

For expected output, run a script as custom monitoring.

If you have any concern, don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you

Comment

• Hi MichealG@Saltech

Please refer the combined script to check if an endpoint needs to be rebooted or not , if need schedules reboot at given time and date.
                https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...chedule-reboot

Thank you

Comment

• Please can you combine these 2 scripts so that all files and folders are deleted from each downloads folder if they are 30 days or older -

First Script can be found at https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...s-folders-data
                  Second Script can be found at https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...r-than-30-days

Many thanks, John

Comment

• Originally posted by Sowmya View Post

https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...ne-in-registry

For expected output, run a script as custom monitoring.

If you have any concern, don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you
                    I've entered the script and it is running however it is not outputting anything in the logs that I can see as a YES (Changes made in your regitry key value %s) or NO (No changes have been made in %s) like I would expect from the coding.

I've entered the script and replaced the Registry Key value as per the instructions. (I had to add a trailing \ otherwise the script returned an invalid location / no access error)

I've had to enter three different conditions for the monitor as there are three different keys which need to be looked at.

So each of the conditions checks one of the keys listed below:
                    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Exclusions\Extensions\
                    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Exclusions\Paths\
                    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Exclusions\Processes\

When the script runs (I've set it for every 4 hours for now) here is the log output I am receiving.
                    2018/03/13 12:37:37 PM OFF Custom Script Monitor : Standard Output:
                    2018/03/13 12:37:37 PM OFF Custom Script Monitor : Standard Output: AND Custom Script Monitor : Standard Output:
                    2018/03/13 12:37:37 PM OFF Custom Script Monitor : Standard Output: AND Custom Script Monitor : Standard Output: AND Custom Script Monitor : Standard Output:
                    As you can see I'm expecting to see the Standard Output OR the Custom Output and them to be labeled differently.

Please let me know if I've set something up wrong, Missed another variable I was supposed to replace or if there is another issue.

Thank you for your time and help!
                    Last edited by MichealG@Saltech; 03-14-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Sowmya
                      Sowmya commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for your feedback.we'll progress it and come with the better output.

• Originally posted by chaithra R View Post
                    Hi MichealG@Saltech

Please refer the combined script to check if an endpoint needs to be rebooted or not , if need schedules reboot at given time and date.
                    https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...chedule-reboot

Thank you
                    I've imported and set up the cript as part of a standard monitoring profile and run the scruipt against two different servers manually.
                    The first server did not require a restart and returned the following in the script logs
                    Date and Time: 13/03/2018 15:13 Machine Info: WIN-2008-MIL-04 - 10.12.14.60 ---------------------------------------- The endpoint do not require reboot
                    The second server had recently completed Windows Updates and was awaiting a reboot. When run it returned the following in the script logs
                    Date and Time: 13/03/2018 15:27 Machine Info: WIN-2008-MIL-79 - 10.12.14.191 ----------------------------------------
                    Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 59, in <module> NameError: name 'disable_file_system_redirection' is not defined
                    Please advise
                    Thank You!!

Comment

I've imported and set up the cript as part of a standard monitoring profile and run the scruipt against two different servers manually.
                      The first server did not require a restart and returned the following in the script logs

The second server had recently completed Windows Updates and was awaiting a reboot. When run it returned the following in the script logs

Please advise
                      Thank You!!
                      Nevermind, I realized I forgot to make the edits to add the parameters required when adding the procedure.

Comment

• Hi computerlifeline

we are progressing your request .we'll let u know once it has been completed.

Thank you.

Comment

Nevermind, I realized I forgot to make the edits to add the parameters required when adding the procedure.
                          Hi MichealG@Saltech

From your above feedback, I am concluding the script is working fine. If you have any concern, don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.
                          Last edited by chaithra R; 03-14-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by computerlifeline View Post
                            Please can you combine these 2 scripts so that all files and folders are deleted from each downloads folder if they are 30 days or older -

First Script can be found at https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...s-folders-data
                            Second Script can be found at https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...r-than-30-days

Many thanks, John
                            https://scripts.comodo.com/frontend/...r-than-30-days

Thank you

Comment

• Hi,

We were wondering if it was possible to get the custom device name (the comodo ITSM name) that the script is currently running on to use in the script.
                              I.E
                              print customdevicename

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X