Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMAP doesn't exist. PHP must be compiled with IMAP enabled.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAP doesn't exist. PHP must be compiled with IMAP enabled.

I am setting up a new email. I went through all the steps and was unable to proceed due to the following error:

IMAP doesn't exist. PHP must be compiled with IMAP enabled.

I looked at the Information page under Dashboard to find a error marking next to IMAP as seen in the attached screenshot. The same issue happens if you select POP.

Please advise on how to resolve this issue. Also, any instructions on how I should setup an external Cron Job to fetch emails when not logged in.

Rob

Hi Rob,

We will investigate this issue and inform you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Ilker

Comment

Hi Rob,

The problem should be resolved now. Could you please try again?

Regarding Fetching, you shouldn't need to do anything. It should fetch automatically over your email.

Best regards,
      Ilker

Comment

So there is no need for an external cron job to poll the email account when there is no logged in users? The only reason I ask is there will be off peak hours that no one is logged into the system and the instructions state an external cron job is needed when no one is logged in. Just checking that it should work without any further interaction regardless of a logged in user or not.

Thanks

Comment

Correct,

Please let us know if you see any problem on your system.

Ilker

Comment

Hi Iiker,
            In our previous conversation, it seemed that you didn't think it mattered whether or not someone was logged into the service desk for the fetch on auto-cron to work. After testing on my end, it seems the system is not fetching if no one is logged in unless I am missing something. There is no further instruction and/or requirements on setting up an external scheduled task.

I have tested the email fetching while not logged into the service desk since we previously spoken. I sent an email while logged into the service desk and the email fetching worked within the set time. I then logged out and sent another email. The email sat in the inbox without being fetched (allowed plenty of time pasted the set time values). I logged back into the service desk and the email is fetched.

The note on the Fetch on auto-cron setting is:
            Please note that emails will not be fetched if no one is logged in to Staff Control Panel. External task scheduler is highly recommended for predictable fetch intervals.

Thanks
            Last edited by rmorton; 06-24-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks for informing me. I will double check with the Dev team to be sure we have the right configuration.

Best regards,
              Ilker

Comment

Hi Rob,

We found a bug and fixed it. Today's bug fix release had the solution and deployed. Could you please confirm you can get the emails as ticket even when no one signed in the Service Desk?

Best regards,
                ilker
                Last edited by Ilker; 07-01-2015, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Do you see any problem? could you please confirm?

Ilker

Comment

Working...
                  X