Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch update status - how often should it update? Misreporting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch update status - how often should it update? Misreporting?

Hello, I have a 2012R2 server that needed patchin'. The Patch console showed 54 updates needed. Because I was already logged into the machine, I ran Windows update manually. The server required a reboot, so I rebooted it this morning. A few hours later, I log into the patch console and it still shows 54 updates needed. I checked the server Windows Update and it reported "Your system is up to date, 1 Optional patch available. I ran the refresh apps (blue box top of asset patch details screen) and waited an hour. The panel is still misreporting. Could this be due to running Windows update manually, or is there some other delay in accessing the status of installed patches?

Windows Update Comodo Patch portal

Hello @Rickkee,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    I have send you an email requesting some Patch Management logs from that particular Server.
    Please reply to that email with the requested information, in order for us to be able to further investigate this issue and provide an adequate solution.

Comment

I have a similar issue. The patch management console shows no patches to install, yet the windows update on the server shows multiple. I searched for a KB and found the patch management is reporting it already installed while the server does not seem to agree. I have to tendency to go with the direct server report here... what's more is the time frame. Comodo Patch Management says it was installed 08/09/2016... it's currently 10/21/2016
      2016-10-21_10-38-25.jpg2016-10-21_10-37-14.jpg

Comment

Hello michael@tidewatertechs.com ,

Thank you for the feedback! We have contacted you by email regarding this discrepancy and as soon as we have updates on the matter, we'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Hello michael@tidewatertechs.com ,

Thank you for the feedback! We have contacted you by email regarding this discrepancy and as soon as we have updates on the matter, we'll let you know.
          Mine has always been off, and now my update process is holding steady at 25% or 50% CPU usage.

Comment

Hello BOSS ,

Does the CPU usage occurs only during updates?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Hello BOSS ,

Does the CPU usage occurs only during updates?
              I am unsure, my module show many many instances of updates pending, kicked off 10 instances in 2 seconds every time I had the policy run. I also have hangup in the ITSM, always says ready for download, and install scheduled, but does not seem to ever schedule.

EDIT: But I am certain that if I kill the update service, the CPU drops back down where it should be.

Comment

Hello BOSS

For the same behavior, we will need to investigate this on our side. Please collect and send the below data to c1-support@comodo.com

Msinfo32 from the affected machine: Start > Run > msinfo32> File > Save
                PM Agent version
                Print Screens with the issue
                Command line that was used to install the Agent: https://patch.comodo.com/#agent_download
                Print Screen of folder content: C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Comodo One Patch Management Agent\operations (We need to see the full name of the files from this folder)

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethan View Post
                  Hello BOSS

For the same behavior, we will need to investigate this on our side. Please collect and send the below data to c1-support@comodo.com

Msinfo32 from the affected machine: Start > Run > msinfo32> File > Save
                  PM Agent version
                  Print Screens with the issue
                  Command line that was used to install the Agent: https://patch.comodo.com/#agent_download
                  Print Screen of folder content: C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Comodo One Patch Management Agent\operations (We need to see the full name of the files from this folder)

Thank you.
                  I did not use the command line to install the agent, I have a procedure in the Admin console that I use to install it.

Comment

Hello BOSS

Ok. Can you please copy and paste the procedure in a notepad and send that to us please? We need the install method to analyze the case.

Comment

PM_Procedure.PNG
                      Originally posted by Ethan View Post
                      Hello BOSS

Ok. Can you please copy and paste the procedure in a notepad and send that to us please? We need the install method to analyze the case.
                      I did not build the procedure, I just chose PM install from the drop down, as opposed to the Application Install. I am unsure of where to find the details you are looking for.

Comment

Hello BOSS ,

In this case, please provide the information required over email and specify that the Patch Management Agent was installed using the existing RMM procedure.

Comment

Dylan It is not just one system, it is many systems, but I will gather the info from one that is exhibiting the issue.

Comment

Dylan I sent the information, replied from the open ticket I have going on with the patch management.

Comment

Dylan I am just going to uninstall the patch management from all the computers, that seems to be the only fix I can see. It is impacting my systems too badly.

Comment

Working...
                              X