No announcement yet.

Install PM Agent fails with "Service "C1 Maintencance" (Tpa.Maintenance) failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install PM Agent fails with "Service "C1 Maintencance" (Tpa.Maintenance) failed

Hello today i had problem with the the Installation of the patch management agent.
    I tried to roll out the pm agent with the rmm admin console the job was successful but the agent was not installed on most server machines....

1. so i have executed the msiexec command on one machine manually - the setup stopped with the cannot start service error as you can see on the picture attached i tried it with admin rights so priviliges are not the problem. Also tried it with the system account without success!?

2. Next step i opened the msi install log, but no new info...same message in there.

3. As next step i tried to start the service with command line (Agent.RV.WachterService.exe) and now i got the error message wich was helpful the service tried on startup to activate the .NET 3 feature wich was not successful.

So the main problem was missing .NET 3 client libaries.

This powershell command fixed the issue:
    Code:
    Install-WindowsFeature "NET-Framework-Core"
    PLEASE ADD A PREQUESITE CHECK TO THE INSTALLER!

The installation guide just have a hint on that...but it references to windows vista and previous versions......

The request has been escalated as a feature request.
    Thank you for your feedback!

Comment

Working...
    X