Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Issues With Comodo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Multiple Issues With Comodo

    Hi there,

    Our clients are really unsatisfied with using comodo antivirus. And we get the hit. Something keeps breaking. Either proxy settings don't work, or the antivirus just stops working. I have a client with multiple issues and this has been escalated....we're getting hits too!

    See the attached:

    I really wish we could have a remote session with the client to resolve the issue and appease them.

    Attached Files

  • #2
    chales@esentry.xyz ,

    We are saddened to see the list you have posted on the images concerning challenges on utilizing C1 effectively and we want to ensure we can be of assistance. We will create a support ticket for investigating and resolving your reported issues. We will communicate with you via email shortly.

    Comment


    • #3
      I had this. the only way forward is to remove and completly remove all traces from the registry manually or reinstall windows!!!!!!! took me around 1 week to do 18 machines. There was a conflict with Norton (symantec) previously being installed. Since that was removed it worked fine afterwards.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello monster-it ,

        Thank you for your input.
        Please tell us if there is anything else we can help you with on this case.

        Regards.
        Jay

        Comment


        • #5
          A agree there must be a conflict some where. I don't have any of these problems. And I know some companies have >700 endpoints with very few problems.
          James Dyke.
          Director DittoIT.
          www.DittoIT.co.uk
          Backup, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dittoit View Post
            A agree there must be a conflict some where. I don't have any of these problems. And I know some companies have >700 endpoints with very few problems.
            We have near 1000 end points running the anti virus client, quite successfully at the moment.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have dealt with all the issues that OP posted as well. Our deployment of C1 has not been smooth at all.

              Can someone post a blank template profile they are using for HIPS etc? I've whitelisted everything (path, executable etc) in AV, HIPS but to no avail.

              Have gone through with support multiple times but would like to compare with you guys that aren't having issues.

              Comment


              • #8
                I also have troubles with the AV, I am always getting systems that show a yellow triangle in RMM, shoe communication error. This has been on going, I will use the uninstall tool from comodo, it will work for a while, then seem to mess up again, sometimes on the same systems, sometimes on other systems. It also seems that, even if the system had previously showed AV version 10, when communication error occurs the RMM reports version 8 something. I have it deployed on a couple hundred systems, and would like to go more, but I still feel that I have to tinker with the software too much to be really efficient, and be able to balance everything.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mbarrett View Post
                  I have dealt with all the issues that OP posted as well. Our deployment of C1 has not been smooth at all.

                  Can someone post a blank template profile they are using for HIPS etc? I've whitelisted everything (path, executable etc) in AV, HIPS but to no avail.

                  Have gone through with support multiple times but would like to compare with you guys that aren't having issues.
                  I just totally disables HIPS, seemed to of gave me more hassle than I felt it was worth. I also disabled containment on many systems, as it always made stuff so it would not work right. I have said it before, I have never had containment stop anything legit, what caught the bad stuff, was the fact that I do not allow users admin rights, and I was tipped off by elevated prompts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BOSS View Post
                    I also have troubles with the AV, I am always getting systems that show a yellow triangle in RMM, shoe communication error. This has been on going, I will use the uninstall tool from comodo, it will work for a while, then seem to mess up again, sometimes on the same systems, sometimes on other systems. It also seems that, even if the system had previously showed AV version 10, when communication error occurs the RMM reports version 8 something. I have it deployed on a couple hundred systems, and would like to go more, but I still feel that I have to tinker with the software too much to be really efficient, and be able to balance everything.
                    Usually, it happens when a .old or .update folder is existing inside the Comodo Security installation folder. I suggest that before removing the Comodo Security better to check both c:\Program files and c:\Program Files(86x) if those are existing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Damon C View Post

                      Usually, it happens when a .old or .update folder is existing inside the Comodo Security installation folder. I suggest that before removing the Comodo Security better to check both c:\Program files and c:\Program Files(86x) if those are existing.
                      Great, that's the first I have heard about this, and I have some threads about this!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BOSS View Post

                        I just totally disables HIPS, seemed to of gave me more hassle than I felt it was worth. I also disabled containment on many systems, as it always made stuff so it would not work right. I have said it before, I have never had containment stop anything legit, what caught the bad stuff, was the fact that I do not allow users admin rights, and I was tipped off by elevated prompts.
                        Disabling containment is a big mistake, it is probably the best/most important module within Comodo Client Security.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X