Comodo ONE Customers and ITSM Module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comodo ONE Customers and ITSM Module

Under the Comdo ONE Customer page I have my own MSP plus two test clients listed...

How do these customers correlate to patch management, device management, and RMM? Prior to ITSM there was a very simple tree structure... customers->sites->devices. I'm not sure what is going on now with ITSM Device Groups and User Groups... do I need to recreate my customer structure as user groups and my sites as device groups?

Also, is there any way to delete device groups? I have a "Default Company" and others that don't correlate to anything useful but see no way to remove them...

Thanks
    Ryan

Hello rrrryyyyaaaannnn ,

A device group is created each time you create a company in Comodo One. They cannot be deleted from ITSM, they will have to be deleted from Comodo One dashboard > Customer. The Device Groups list is kept in sync with the Customer menu.

The default company cannot be removed because this is the company that you have used to create the Comodo One account (it is considered to be your company).

Comment

There appears to be a bug in the synchronization between the Comodo One Customer list and the ITSM list as you can see in the screen shots in my previous post.

Comodo One Customer List:
      - My MSP
      - Customer #1
      - Customer #2

ITSM Device Groups:
      - Default Company [Why can't this be "My MSP"?]
      - My LLC [In the C1 Customer list I had renamed "My LLC" to "My MSP" but it still shows here as "My LLC"]
      - Customer #1
      [note that Customer #2 is missing entirely...]

A similar issue appears to exist for ITSM user lists... I have 3 users showing up in ITSM that don't correlate to anything elsewhere...the one person listed under C1 Staff does not show up here. All 3 seem to be locked in... the 'Delete User' option is deactivated for each one.

Comment

Hello rrrryyyyaaaannnn ,

Users created in ITSM will not be synced in Comodo One, only entries from Comodo One (users and companies) will be synced in ITSM and not the other way around. Regarding the companies and users that have been created in Comodo One but are missing in ITSM, we will contact you on the email to gather the required files to escalate the issue.

Comment

Thanks. I don't expect items created in ITSM to be synced up to Comodo One, only items in Comodo One to be synced down to ITSM. I do expect that items created in ITSM should not be permanent... if a user or a group has no devices or other associations the option to delete them should be enabled.

Comment

Hello rrrryyyyaaaannnn ,

That would seem to be a good approach, however, because a device group in ITSM is actually a company, being able to remove a Device group without having the corresponding company removed from Comodo One will lead to inconsistent data and that might cause other problems in ITSM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Hello rrrryyyyaaaannnn ,

That would seem to be a good approach, however, because a device group in ITSM is actually a company, being able to remove a Device group without having the corresponding company removed from Comodo One will lead to inconsistent data and that might cause other problems in ITSM.
              I see my confusion now... top level ITSM Device Groups are Customers and can only be created or deleted in the C1 Customer list... sub-groups can be created and deleted at will. Fair enough... but when a bug in the system lets the C1 Customer entries get out of sync with the top-level ITSM Device Groups there is no way for me as an admin user to resolve it. So the bug remains... new customers aren't showing up in the ITSM Device Groups and old/modified customers aren't disappearing.

Comment

Hello rrrryyyyaaaannnn,

Thank you for the feedback. We will escalate this case and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                X