Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing methods are not for MSP

This product is not MSP ready.
    Its like the developer has never worked in this type of environment and simply does not understand it.

You can’t assign it to a client but just to the pool.
    Example:
    Purchased 70 licenses for 3 clients.
    A-40
    B-25
    C-5
    Next year when the license is up for renewal and lets say B does not respond or want to put it off.
    The system will just push out licenses to devices asking for it. So I would have to uninstall the security client for the devices not to be licensed.
    If the client then a month later wants to renew, I will have to deploy the security client again.

If we dont have license control tied to the client who purchased the license, no MSP will use it.

Hello smartcloud ,

We are currently working on enhancing the License Management features on Comodo One platform. Please see the mockups that I've prepared for this topic.

https://6jny9l.axshare.com/#p=itarian

Please try to follow up "hand icon" to proceed on the screens. There are also several + / - buttons that you can play with.

Also, please see the page number 23 in the mockup.

At first step you select customer.

As a second step you can take two actions.

1. Change existing license counts by using +/ - buttons.
    2. Click on "Buy New License" button. This "Buy New License" button will enable you to buy licenses directly for the selected customer.

I hope, this approach will work for you. What do you think?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
    Ece

Comment

Originally posted by smartcloud View Post
      This product is not MSP ready.
      Its like the developer has never worked in this type of environment and simply does not understand it.

You can’t assign it to a client but just to the pool.
      Example:
      Purchased 70 licenses for 3 clients.
      A-40
      B-25
      C-5
      Next year when the license is up for renewal and lets say B does not respond or want to put it off.
      The system will just push out licenses to devices asking for it. So I would have to uninstall the security client for the devices not to be licensed.
      If the client then a month later wants to renew, I will have to deploy the security client again.

If we dont have license control tied to the client who purchased the license, no MSP will use it.

out of interest how do other AV companies handle this?

if you supplied AVG cloud surely it would he the same ? If the client didnt renew then you would need to uninstall the agent ?

ITSM makes it very easy to remotely remove CCS. If the client doesn't renew but then decides to go for it a month later the price should go up due to the extra time you need to spend pushing the client out again. This should be made apparent in the renewal quote.

currently CCS is licenced on a "trust" basis. No licences are actually assigned. But you must have to correct licences for the deployed agents....

James Dyke.
      Director DittoIT.
      www.DittoIT.co.uk
      Backup, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by ece.isel View Post
        Hello smartcloud ,

We are currently working on enhancing the License Management features on Comodo One platform. Please see the mockups that I've prepared for this topic.

https://6jny9l.axshare.com/#p=itarian

Please try to follow up "hand icon" to proceed on the screens. There are also several + / - buttons that you can play with.

Also, please see the page number 23 in the mockup.

At first step you select customer.

As a second step you can take two actions.

1. Change existing license counts by using +/ - buttons.
        2. Click on "Buy New License" button. This "Buy New License" button will enable you to buy licenses directly for the selected customer.

I hope, this approach will work for you. What do you think?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
        Ece
        Not sure how this will work where we buy licences via distribution channels and not directly from Comodo.
        James Dyke.
        Director DittoIT.
        www.DittoIT.co.uk
        Backup, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.

Comment

That makes sense I think.
          I assume that the licenses for each company will only be used by that company?

When do you expect this to be released?

Comment

Originally posted by dittoit View Post

out of interest how do other AV companies handle this?

if you supplied AVG cloud surely it would he the same ? If the client didnt renew then you would need to uninstall the agent ?

ITSM makes it very easy to remotely remove CCS. If the client doesn't renew but then decides to go for it a month later the price should go up due to the extra time you need to spend pushing the client out again. This should be made apparent in the renewal quote.

currently CCS is licenced on a "trust" basis. No licences are actually assigned. But you must have to correct licences for the deployed agents....
            No, we dont have to uninstall the AV client.
            it just stops getting updates.
            We buy a license and apply it to the account.
            We dont buy a license for us and split out some for a client like we need to do now with Comodo.

Comment

Originally posted by dittoit View Post

Not sure how this will work where we buy licences via distribution channels and not directly from Comodo.
              Hi James,

You would be able to see the license that you get from channel at this stage: https://6jny9l.axshare.com/#p=11 then basicly you can select that license and click activate. It will continue the workflow from this step: https://6jny9l.axshare.com/#p=15

So, no issues expected with partner case as well.

Last edited by Ilker; 07-06-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smartcloud View Post
                That makes sense I think.
                I assume that the licenses for each company will only be used by that company?

When do you expect this to be released?
                Hi smartcloud !

Yes, this is what we plan to have. The licenses purchased for a particular company will only be used by that company.

This is a feature that is highly demanded by our customers, and we are currently working on the details and design. I can say that it won't take long.

Thank you!

Ece

Comment

This is something I raised nearly 2 years ago.

Most others that have portals enable you to add a client and assign the license to a client.

The structure for C1 is there but not implemented, currently it is done on trust as stated by dittoit
                  Robin
                  Director
                  Strobe Technologies Ltd
                  https://www.strobe-it.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by StrobeTech View Post
                    This is something I raised nearly 2 years ago.

Most others that have portals enable you to add a client and assign the license to a client.

The structure for C1 is there but not implemented, currently it is done on trust as stated by dittoit
                    It just suck having to keep a spreadsheet with who bought licenses. Trust or not, you still got to buy them.
                    But the new feature looks very promising.

Comment

Hello Robin! Hello smartcloud !

Thank you for your great feedbacks!

Also I want to understand your perspective on the priorities of 3 more items for the later versions of the license management.

1) Monthly postpaid - We will implement monthly postpaid. MSP will pay each month (at month end) based on actual usage. (No worries, we will preserve the ability to pay yearly. Monthly payment will be another option.)

2) Partial changes to license (new seats added) - We will add the capability of adding new seats for the existing license. It will add it to existing license and would have the same expiry date

3) Endpoint licensing - This option will be configurable. MSP can switch on the setting and then associate (assign / deassign) a license directly to a particular device. We will give the full control to MSPs while assigning / deassigning licenses to the endpoints.

What do you think about these items? Which one has the highest priority from your perspective?

Thank you in advance!

Looking forward to hear from you,

Ece

Comment

Working...
                      X